"We believe that the knowledge shared through experiences and skills helps to have an independent thought creating hope and genuine solidarity"
WE BELIEVE IN MULTIDISCIPLINARY EQUAL PARTNERSHIPS
COME believes that effective health care is based on multidisciplinary equal partnerships between provider, researcher, practitioner and patient.
COME projects are unique because they are both produced by, and are relevant to, everyone interested in the effects of osteopathic health care. Based on the best available evidence, healthcare providers can decide if they should optimise health care strategies. Practitioners can find out if an intervention is effective in a specific clinical context. Patients and other healthcare consumers can assess the potential risks and benefits of osteopathic treatments.
WE ARE INDIPENDENT
We are an independent, not-for-profit organisation, funded by a variety of sources including personal donations.
WE ADVOCATE INTEGRATIVE COLLABORATION
In addition to our core mission of producing high quality scientific research, our members are involved in a number of related activities, including advocacy for health-care decision-making, delivering clinical-based treatments, developing new technologies,
We also want to make information available to the broadest community by translating them from English into a variety of different languages and vice versa.
We hold annual conferences, called ‘QUANTUM’, which are open to everyone. QUANTUM are designed to bring people together in one place to share, discuss, develop and promote our work, acknowledge members and to shape the organisation’s future direction.
- respect of diversity: embracing the principles of diversity is an essential value for individual growth
- independence: developing (sustaining) and promoting critical-constructive thinking
- professional ethics: working according to the deontological principles of professional multidisciplinarity
- belongings: recognizing oneself in the purpose of the foundation
- humility: recognizing the potential of others and promote their development
- cooperative altruism: dedicating oneself to others by helping and cooperating in social change
- innovation and creativity: supporting health promotion through constant curiosity in finding person-based solutions